Pages

Monday 10 February 2014

Pledging Bookworm...



Now this is more a 'look at how much I plan to read in the next month' kind of post rather than a review, as obviously I don't have days on end to sit reading and do little else. However I can tell you the reasons for these purchases. One - I read Mhairi McFarlane's 1st book 'You Had Me At Hello' and I bloody loved it, so this seemed like a good idea. It's a love story and I'm a sucker for a good love story so I'm pretty damn sure I'll get through it in no time. The Jodie Picoult book just caught my eye whilst browsing the shelves in Tesco and just from the blurb I had to get it. This is actually the book I have started reading and I AM HOOKED! It is a love story, crossed with an affair, crossed with the Holocaust, with chapters in the first person flitting between several different characters and flashbacks in time. It takes full concentration to read but it is just absolutely captivating. I've been reading it every spare second I have and I'm almost half way through in 3 days - I think that speaks volumes! Get it. Read it. And I'm sure you'll love it, as it's just brilliant writing - I'd expect nothing less from a Picoult book! And lastly The Rosie Project, I saw it on Waterstones Bestsellers and again I saw it was a humorous love story and knew it was on my wavelength. I've high hopes for this so fingers crossed. It will be popped straight into my handbag for lunch break reading when I've finished with 'The Storyteller'. I'll post reviews as soon as I've completed each book, so keep an eye out!

4 comments:

  1. The Storyteller is fantastic! I think I read it one sitting, I just couldn't put it down x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I scheduled this post a few days ago, and I finished the book last night and it is just incredible! It literally had me captivated on every single word! I'm going to do a review at the end of the week when I've got some proper time to sit down and really do it justice because I think so many people would enjoy reading it!

      Delete
  2. The concepts you are giving in the blogs are really worthless and priceless because these are paving the way to progress in the field of sciences. Heads off.
    disposable face mask

    ReplyDelete
  3. The world appreciates the writings that include the knowledge and information about everyday science. I like your style and promise to come again and again to increase my skills and knowledge
    wholesale floral print mask

    ReplyDelete