Pages

Monday 25 March 2013

To Do...

It was so mind numbingly boring at work last night due to a serious lack of customers - no doubt a result of the horrendous 'Spring' weather, that I decided to plonk my butt by the fire and complie myself a to do list for this summer. I always say things I want to do, and places I want to go, but never end up doing them. So I shall write this up, pin it up on my bedroom wall, and ensure they every single one is crossed off come October...



Go to a festival
Well this is kind of already sorted - my V festival tickets are bought and paid for and I'm already planning my festival fashion wardrobe in my head! I'm going to try with all my might to get Glastonbury tickets on the resale at the end of April but I haven't got high hopes.

Go somewhere hot
If the English weather continues in this fashion then I may never return! Me and my girls are looking at Dubai for September if money permits, if not a cheeky cheap trip when uni is over is definitely on the cards.

Go and see Matilda in the West End
I love musicals. LOVE them! I'm already going to see Les Miserables with my family for my 21st, but Matilda is my favourite childhood film, and I'm really intrigued to see how they've adapted it to fit the stage!

Save Money (75% of wages)
Now 75% is a little ambitious I will admit, and it probably won't happen but I would like to think I can save a decent amount. The incentive...

Plan to move away
As much as I love my family, after three years of independence at university, I really don't want to have to move back home when it is all over. My friend Fran is a student nurse in London so the aim is to move in with her - money permitting of course!

Get an internship/graduate job
I need to get my bum in gear and apply for every single one I see. I've applied for an amazing internship recently, hoping to hear back about interviews this week - but I know the response has been overwhelming so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Pass my NCTJ diploma
I'm doing this little add on course in May and June at uni and I want to really put my everything into it. I get so nervous with exams that I revise like a mad woman, so hopefully it all pays off!

Take up a new hobby
Before I came to university I used to dance three times a week and I absolutely loved it. I exercise still everyday now but id like to learn something new. I've always loved music so maybe the guitar would be good. I've tried and failed before but now a little older and more motivated I may just manage it.

Go somewhere different for my 21st
Anywhere but Kettering, Peterborough, or Southampton. I'm thinking Newcastle, but I just want to go on a big girls night out to a city and have a laugh! Experience something new.

Go to the zoo
I'm such a big kid at heart and I love going to the zoo. I want to take my little sister as she is really starting to notice things and interact with people and animals and I think she would love it!

Take a weekend off and go somewhere spontaneous
I've always wanted to go to Paris, and I love the idea of just jumping on the Eurostar and escaping for a couple of nights. Visit the Eiffel Tower, go to moulin rouge, and of course Disneyland! Ah I want to go now!!!

Get a new tattoo
I've seen so many I love - I really would like some writing across my collarbone, but the particular quote I have in mind is just too long. I have seen a gorgeous dream catcher design that I cannot stop thinking about so that is definitely a possibility!

Do you guys write yourselves little lists like this when you're bored? Any exciting plans or aspirations for the summer - I'm so nosy, I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment