Pages

Wednesday 6 March 2013

Colour B4 Review...

So this week I made the big decision to change my hair colour. And style. I say big decision, because it's a pretty big change to what I've become accustomed to. For the past nine months I've been a lovely bright shade of pink/purple/red, and most recently I've had a whole load of keratin bonded extensions put in - and I absolutely love it! I love having long hair, and the red is just so much fun, and very unique. However, I feel that now is time for a change. It sounds silly, but I really feel as if my life is now taking a turn for the good after a few crappy years and so a new look for a new start sounds perfect. 



As lovely as the red colour is, it is an absolute nightmare to dye over. My hairdresser recommended Colour B4 to me as I was very insistent on not having my hair colour stripped out with bleach. The formula is safe and gentle, with no ammonia or bleach. In all honesty I have absolutely no idea what is in it that allows it to do what it does, but whatever it is, it bloody smells! My house smelt like a mixture between egg and some serious bowel issues. It really was disgusting, but it did the job. My hair felt extremely dry during use and before conditioner application, but after a bit of Aussie 3 minute miracle it was fine. 

I knew that it wouldn't take the red tone completely out of my hair as it is such a vivid shade, but the brightness definitely went. I'm not going to lie, it left my hair a horrible mish mash of blonde, mousy brown, and ginger - but the red was more or less gone. The first lot of brown dye I applied didn't take well enough at all and the ginger was still visible. So after a second application it was perfect. Very very dark, almost black which is what I wanted - a HUGE change though, which is going to take a lot of getting used to, but I love it! I would 100% recommend colour b4 - my hair is so so soft and glossy, generally a much before condition than it was previously. 

So here are the final results, after use of Colour B4 and Loreal Preference in Brazilia #3


From this...



To this...


What do you think? I love it, but miss my red hair ridiculously at the same time - going to take a lot of getting used to.

2 comments:

  1. wow i love it! looks really striking. did you cut all your extensions out??

    http://confessionsofashopaholic23.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh I had them removed on Tuesday. Thought it was time for a change xxx

      Delete