Pages

Thursday 24 January 2013

A Bit of Wall Art...

A bit of a different post to what I usually go for, but this week my attention has been drawn to an ace website called Vinyl Clocks. They create clocks out of vinyl records from the 1950's right up until now. Though like the music is represents, the golden oldies are the best. There are many many options to choose from, though if you're favourite song is not up there it can be requested. The perfect gift for a music fan I'm sure you'd agree!

The idea behind Vinyl Clocks is the simple notion that music evokes memories, you don't need to hear a song to give you the memory - simply the name is enough. Any symbol of the Spice Girls takes me right back to my childhood - including the absolutely god awful film that came in a tin not a video case. Owh to be 6 years old again.

By far my favourites are the picture clocks, there's something for everyone - including football fans with the Manchester United 'Come on You Reds' vinyl clock. If you're a big music fan or simply love something bold and out there on your wall then this is the perfect product for you. So here are my picks of the best ones, go visit the site yourself here, and bag a truly unique piece of art and history to adorn your walls with...


Badly Drawn Boy - Nothing's Gonna Change Your Mind


Sex Pistols - God Save The Queen


Natalie Cole - Pink Cadillac


Fall Out Boy - Thnks Fr Th Mmrs (I LOVED FALL OUT BOY!!!!)


The Beatles - Yellow Submarine


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow these are rather funky, thanks for sharing. I may just get Spencer one for his 30th. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are brilliant aren't they, really different. xxx

      Delete