Pages

Saturday 5 May 2012

30 Day Shred Review

This isn't one of my usual fashion or beauty posts (fear not, I've got one of those lined up for next week), but thought I'd do a little fitness post tonight.

If you follow me on twitter (@loutan92), you'll be well aware that I'm doing the 30 Day Shred at the moment. I'm such a wimpy person, I decide to do something, and never ever EVER stick to it. So this time I'm 100% determined to complete this. Every day, for 30 days.

So for the many of your asking me what it is and whether it works, here is a little post for you all.



In basic terms this DVD works on a three level basis, each of which should be undertaken 10 days each for 30 consecutive days. No days off.

Each level consists of a 2 minute warm up, and 3 circuits of 3 minutes strength training, 2 minutes cardio, and 1 minute abs. The abs by far is my favourite, as like all women I want a nice flat stomach, and you can really really feel these bad boys working. In fact you can feel ALL the exercises working the next day let me tell you!

Level one is relatively easy now I can look back on it. The first couple of days I thought I was going to pass out, but now I've progressed to Level two, I've realised it was nothing! Days 3 and 4 are the worst by far as you are working on sore muscles and it aches to complete the set exercises.

Now on day 16 I've noticed a lot of improvements. My stamina is much much higher, I can get through the exercises (with a lot of heavy breathing) but gradually easing every day. My stomach is definitely flatter, no doubt about it and I'm getting a lot more tone in my arms and thighs. 

As much as it aches and is bloody knackering you can't fault old Jillian for giving results, cus this DVD does just that! It's perfect for those people who don't have the time and/or money to go to the gym. £4.99 from the gym, an exercise mat, and some weights, or if you're like me two tins of soup! Cheap and cheerful.

Just 22 minutes a day is all that is required. Every day without fail for the 30 days, and no break during these 22 minutes. It is intense but it gets you results girls, and with the summer coming up we all want to be looking sexy in our bikinis don't we!?

No comments:

Post a Comment