Pages

Saturday 14 April 2012

Getting That Bikini Body...

A little bit of a different post from me today. Usually I'm pretty fashion and beauty focused, no doubt on shopping or something which in some way involves money. But today it appeared to me that (money permitting) I shall be jetting away somewhere beautiful and hot, and so I need to get my arse in gear and get me a nice flat tummy and toned legs. Brilliant.

I'm not one for dieting, never really have been - I just like my food much too much, and I cannot afford to be buying huge amounts of fruit and vegetables. Fatty carbohydrates and chicken dippers are much better suited towards my student budget. However, I feel that there is no time like the present to try and get healthy. Student loan is in, deadlines are coming up so I wont have much time to eat, and most importantly, that bikini bod needs to be obtained.

Soooo obviously a gym membership will be sorted asap (money permitting). I think I'm a little bit weird in a sense that I actually like the gym. I like to have my routine. Music blaring, trainers on, all done in an hour and a half 3-5 times a week. I can stick to that, that's no problem. Diets on the other hand are a whole different kettle of fish!

My friend has recently just started the Dukan diet. This consists of four stages.


Possibly the most boring kind of diet known to womanhood, but as far as I have heard, the one that shows the most results. You can lose around half a stone in 5 days. Quick results are brilliant for an immediate fix, maintaining them though is generally a problem with most diets. However, as shown above the Dukan diet gradually eases in more food groups back into your diet, still keeping 2 pure protein days within the week.

So I thought why not - might as well give it a go! Along with this it is recommended that you drink 1.5 litres of water per day in order to keep you hydrated, and also it fills you up. You are also recommended to briskly walk 20 minutes per day. However, another recommendation from a friend comes in the form of the 30 day shred. I have heard brilliant things about this exercise plan and read even more!

This is a 30 minute (ish) exercise regime which MUST be completed everyday without fail for the entire 30 days. Like the Dukan, this again consists of different levels, each of which should be completed for 10 days. Rather than just losing weight, this exercise plan helps to tone and strengthen  your body through a mixture of cardio and weights. According to reviews you will definitely be sweating by the time you're done. I've just ordered mine on amazon now for the bargain price of £5.

So there we go, I am going to attempt to do these two alongside each other as soon as the DVD arrives through my door. I have no doubt that I will manage the exercise aspect of this, as I've mentioned before I quite like routine exerccise so I think I shall stick to that. However, the diet may prove difficult as I bloody love my carbs and I do wonder how much energy I will have without them, but I shall give it a go for a week and assess.

I'm intrigued to know if there are diet plans and exercise regimes that have been proved to give such good results. Anyone reading this pleaseee comment and let me know! I'm sure we could all give each other a bit of advice here, cus lets face it - who doesn't want to look drop dead gorgeous in their two piece on the beach!?

LIKE THIS PLEASEEEEE!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. great tips, it is the same for me! I am starting exorcise. I recently became a vegetarian so I am transition into a new phase.

    http://fashionxfairytale.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must be a very hard transition, I don't think I would ever be able to manage that!

    It's always this time of year when people want to get in shape so thought it was good to try and grab different people's ideas.

    Thanks for your comment :)

    ReplyDelete