Pages

Saturday 5 February 2011

70's Garden Party...

It's about time I did a fashion based post and what better time to do it than when everyone is racing to the shops for this seasons hottest new pieces.

Two of the main trends for Spring/Summer 2011 are seventies chic and florals.  The Devil Wears Prada quote comes to mind right now, "Florals for spring, groundbreaking", but it's a classic isn't it. Pretty and girly and makes you feel as though summer is on the way.
For my uni project I am creating a magazine spread titled "Whats New?" so combining my two favourite trends for this season I am going to do 70's Garden Party. The glam of the 70's combined with the nature of florals, beautiful.

There is one particular piece that I am desperately attempting to get my hands on after falling in love with it.
This flute sleeved tunic from Topshop has become my obsession. After selling out almost instantly, and selling on ebay for full price and a half, it is becoming near on impossible for me to get my hands on. The daintyness and flowing style gives it a cute, flirty appeal and with the short length providing the sex appeal its perfect for day or night. Team with a cute pair of sandals and floral headband for a true boho look, or glam up with a sexy pair of heels for a night on the tiles. It is beauty in it's truest form. I am in love.

I'm definitely preferring the seventies chic look than the seventies glam look this season. Don't get me wrong, I love a good maxi dress but this look, available at asos, is just so laid back, yet so sophisticated and looks utterly flawless. This soft brown, camel tone is a big hit this season, not only in the high street but splashed across the catwalks. The high waisted flaired trousers are perfect for accentuating ultra long legs and the looseness of the fabric gives it that perfect relaxed spring look.

Also from asos, this hat is one of my favourite accessories for this seasons take on the seventies trend. Team with a loose fitting pussybow blouse, high waisted paperbag shorts and some brogues and you're in business. So sophisticated but fun and feminine at the same time. It's another thing added to my wish list.

No comments:

Post a Comment